MBBS, MD (Psychiatry)
Dr.Nithya has specialized in Psychiatric Medicine and has several years of experience in the same.
She graduated from Government Chengalpattu Medical College and is very academically inclined. She has received training from the Institute of Child Health (ICH) for dealing with Child and Adolescent Psychological issues during her post-graduate training.
She is also a Diplomate in National Board (DNB). She has also given MRC Psych Exams in the Royal College of Psychiatrists in United Kingdom, and has been successful in the same.
She is an excellent Clinician and is known for her patience, empathy and communication skills and would not hesitate to go the extra mile for providing effective patient care.
She is determined to make mental health care accessible to everyone and provides a safe and non-judgmental space for patients.
She has keen interest towards research and is updated with the current international research guidelines and treatment protocols.
She is currently working at rescuing, rehabilitating and reintegrating wandering mentally ill patients with their families.
MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
Government Vellore Medical College and Hospital, Tamil Nadu, India.
MD Psychiatry (Doctor of Medicine)
Masters in Psychiatry from Government Chengapattu Medical College, Tamil Nadu, India.
DNB Psychiatry (Diplomate in National Board)
National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
Royal College of Psychiatrists (UK)
Areas Of Expertise:
- Bipolar mood disorder
- Anxiety Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Alcohol and Other Substance abuse
- Dementia and Memory Problems
- Sleep related Issues
- Stress related Issues
- Childhood psychological Issues
- Sexual dysfunction
- Marital / Pre-Marital Counselling
- Adolescent Counselling
Member Of Indian Psychiatric Association (IPS) – Membership Number -LOM/N04/21
Awards and Recognitions
- Gold Medal Candidate in Community Medicine/Social and Preventive Medicine.
- Passed with Distinction in Pharmacology, Ophthalmology, Community Medicine, General Medicine and Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Awarded the Best Performance Award, by the Director of Medical and Rural health Services (DMS), for her work in coordinating Covid War Room activities, during the Covid pandemic.
Tamil Nadu Medical Council – TNMC 101878